*Please Note: I am currently not accepting new clients until September 2017. To find another provider please check with your insurance company or the "Find a Therapist" option on the Psychology Today website: www.psychologytoday.com Thank you.
A very warm welcome to you! We all know that life can present many challenges along the way: some we know exactly how to cope with while some leave us at a loss and areas of our lives like work, close relationships, social activities or daily responsibilities begin to suffer. You may be finding that, despite your best efforts, you just don't know how to make things better. When this is the case, therapy with a trained professional therapist can be hugely beneficial. As a therapist, it is my priority to deeply understand from a non-judgmental place what your challenges are, what your strengths are and what is most important to you. My ultimate goal is to help you gain the insight as well as the tools you need to, in essence, be your own therapist so you can solve whatever challenges are presented to you.
Areas of Specialty:
- Problems with mood including depression, anxiety and anger
- Trauma recovery
- Substance abuse or dependence and other addictions issues
- Relationship problems
- LBGTQ friendly and alternative lifestyle friendly couples and family therapy
- Coping with a family member with a mental health diagnosis or addiction issue
- Social isolation or lack of social supports
- Feeling stuck or unsure of goals for your life
- Behavior problems including avoidance, over-spending, lack of organization, not attending to responsibilities, social avoidance